Flawed public comment process
We and many others tried to get it extended for 3 weeks by emailing, phoning or faxing the then Minister for Tourism, the Hon. Dr Liz Constable, MLA - to no avail.
We and many others sought the minister's assurance that comments beyond 'scale and scope' of the proposed hotel would be considered e.g. comments about potential impacts on the natural environment (neighbouring beaches, dunes and headlands), on traffic, and on social and cultural amenity would be considered. To no avail.
The public comment process was seriously flawed because:
- It did not include people not on internet;
- No information about where to view paper plans;
- No postal address given to mail comment to;
- No contact name and number given;
- No details with concept plans about potential impacts of this development;
- Limiting comment to ‘scale and scope’ not in accordance with Minister’s assurance
- No details sought of sender’s name and address
What can I do to help?
YOU COULD EXPRESS YOUR CONCERNS TO YOUR LOCAL MEMBER, THE MINISTER, AND THE PREMIER.
Most metropolitan MPs have received recent information from us about this on 8th December. Please click here for a list of Current Members of the Parliament of Western Australia.